Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Too Bad, Girlie Men!!

Last night (July 19, 2004), a news report indicated people were upset at Governor Arnold (I'm not even going to try to spell his last name) for calling people "girlie men". Come on folks, lets get real here!! I just wish that the worst thing that anyone had ever done to me was to call me a "girlie man", or any other name for that matter. Sure, I've been called some names (some are even true), but they don't bother me. Remember the old saying "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me" If you are offended by being called silly names I feel sorry for you!! There are much worse things that could happen to you. On the other hand, if being called a "girlie man" is the worst thing that has ever happened to you, then you have had a pretty good life.

This is not intended to be a defense of Governor Arnold. He was probably wrong to use the term. I am just ragging on those who are offended by it. You are too thin-skinned and there are many worse and more important things to worry about than being called a silly name.

So Sayeth The Shack

No comments: