Saturday, February 09, 2008

Spinning My Wheels

Let me say a few words about my financial situation. I have a college degree and have worked for the same company for 27 years. But every year it seems as though my financial situation remains stagnant or gets worse. I was better off 20 years ago than I am now and I am certainly no better off than my parents were 30 or 40 years ago and neither of them went to college! Sure I get a raise every year, but it is nowhere near enough to compensate for the increases in the cost of living...like the increase in gas prices, which results in the increase in the price of everything else...increases in premiums for my suck-shit worthless health insurance that doesn't pay for much of anything...increases in utilities, rent, etc. It is like a tractor-trailer trying to go uphill on a sheet of ice; not only do I not go forward, but it is all I can do to keep from sliding back down to the bottom. Nothing ever seems to get any better and I just don't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I have to keep scaling back how much I put into my retirement plan due to increases in taxes, insurance premiums and such. So I'll never be able to afford to retire either. Whenever I have a few minutes of free time and start thinking about this stuff I can instantly get seriously depressed and feel like killing myself. So whenever I am not busy or occupied with something, that is how I feel.

It just seems like nothing ever changes and nothing ever gets any better. So why bother?

So Sayeth The Shack

-----------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: