Friday, January 18, 2008

Yak, Yak, Yak

So I was watching a football game last weekend. I like football. There's plenty of action and I can understand the game and rules. Unlike baseball where there are long gaps in the action, or basketball, where there is plenty of action, but I don't understand the rules...like the fouls. People are running into each other all the time, but sometimes they call a foul and sometimes they don't. What's up with that? But back to the point. I really don't understand why they need a pregame show that tells you about the game you are about to watch, a halftime show to tell you about the game you are watching (and maybe a few others) and then a postgame show to tell you about the game you just watched. They are paying a handful of former players and coaches probably hundreds of thousands of dollars to do all this yacking, and it's like a bunch of girls yacking about their wardrobe or whatever...it just goes on and on and on. Please, just show me the game without the pre- and post- stuff. And at halftime, I'd actually like to see a marching band instead of all the yacking. Like back when I was a kid...they actually showed halftime. Those kids put in just as much practice as the athletes. They deserve to be on TV too.

So Sayeth The Shack

----------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Jeni said...

I agree! I can deal with a little bit during half time of maybe some catch-up on other games, but quit the damned analyzing the game I might be viewing to death!