Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Messy Kids' Rooms

Here's another thing to add to the list of things in life I don't get. What is it about kids and their rooms? When I was a kid, my room was neat and clean, and my parents didn't really have to keep after me to keep it that way. I have two teenagers, and their rooms are dumps. My daughter has more garbage in her room than a New Jersey landfill. (Maybe there are a few dead gangsters in there, too?) My son's clothes are all over the floor. He has a closet and a dresser, but the clothes are pretty much always on the floor. He says he likes it better that way. Me...I couldn't live like that. I can't stand messy, dirty places. We have them clean their rooms, but a few days later, it's back to the slop. Kind of like Penndot fixing I-80...as soon as they're done it starts falling apart again. I don't even want to think what their houses or apartments will look like after they move out.

So Sayeth The Shack

--------------------------------------------------------

No comments: