Monday, May 21, 2007

Finally Cutting Back?

I took a trip to Ohio this past weekend to see my Mom for her 83rd birthday. With gas prices already at or above $3/gallon, I noticed less non-commercial traffic on the road that on most other times that I have made the trip over the past few years. Could it be that people are finally wising up and curtailing their travels?

No matter what anyone says, I fully believe that gas will hit $4/gallon this summer. All will take is one hurricane, or someone's camel sneezing in Saudi Arabia.

The only thing that will bring the price down, if there is indeed anything that will, is people lowering their usage by cutting down on unnecessary travel. You can complain all you want, but it won't do any good unless you speak with your wallet instead of your mouth.


So Sayeth The Shack

1 comment:

Jeni said...

John, let's just hope that camel doesn't develop a nasty head cold or bad case of allergies, huh?