Monday, November 03, 2008

What A Choice!

So tomorrow is election day and I am sitting here still wondering who to vote for.

Do I vote for an exuberent yet inexperienced young man who seems to have some great ideas, but who supposedly lacks knowledge of and respect for the constitution?(This according to Heather Higgins and others). He wants to "redistribute" wealth in a more fair and equitable fashion by the use to taxes and such things. This would be beneficial to me at the present time but at the same time I'm not sure it is fair to punish wealthier people because they have more money. His own lack of experience is supplemented by the experience of his running mate however.

Or do I vote for a much older man of much greater experience including military service but with a running mate with even less experience than the other candidate? A man in somehat questionable health and with a notorious temper. A man who allegedly failed his comrades-in-arms during a previous war. (Again, who do you trust for this information?) A man who did more than his share of negative campaigning...taking some of his opponent's words and phrases out of context and twisting them into something else (not that his opponent didn't do the same thing).

So many tough decisions. I think when I get into the voting booth tomorrow I'll just play eeny-meeny-miny-mo.

So Sayeth The Shack

No comments: