Sunday, June 29, 2008

July Fourth Waste

It's that time of year when many cities, towns and organizations spend large amounts of money purchasing fireworks and putting on displays. Many individuals also purchase their own and set them off. I personally do not see the value in any of this. All that money, all that work...what do you get out of it? A few minutes of ooohs and ahhhs and that's it for another year. I've seen some fireworks displays in my time and I'll tell ya what.....you've seen one, you've pretty much seen them all. It really wouldn't bother me if I never saw another one. As far the ones individuals can buy and set off, as I've said elsewhere on my website, you might as well just pull some money out of your pocket and set it on fire for all the good it does you. So you can call me a grinch if you want, but as far I as I'm concerned, they can take all the fireworks and send them back to China. And speaking of that, with all the problems there have been with products from China over the past year or two, I wouldn't want to be within a few miles of any Chinese fireworks!!!!


So Sayeth The Shack

------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: