Friday, November 24, 2006

Too Early for Christmas

Originally written Nov 12, 2006

Every year it gets earlier. This year it's right after Halloween; the ads are on TV, the decorations are out in the stores and the sales are on. Yep, its Christmas already!!

Don't get me wrong. Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love the music. I love the decorations. I love the food. I love giving presents. So I don't have a problem with extending the "season". But instead of it starting earlier, why can't we extend it later? Come January 2nd or even before that, it's all over. The music is gone, the decorations are down, and there are two to three months of dark, cold, boring and depressing midwinter nothingness to endure. So instead of starting early, let's extend the season later...into January, maybe even February. Let's wait until after Thanksgiving to start the Christmas stuff, but then then keep it going, maybe til Groundhog Day or so.

So Sayeth The Shack

No comments: